- Unit Plan Outline: Elementary
- Unit Plan Outline: Secondary
- Sample Unit Plans
- Sample Unit Plan: Novice – How do people spend their free time?
- Sample Unit Plan: Novice – How do other school experiences compare to my own?
- Sample Unit Plan: Intermediate – How do definitions of beauty vary from culture to culture?
- Sample Unit Plan: Novice-Intermediate-Advanced – How can we promote seeing immigration as strengthening our communities? Created in collaboration with Karen Nickel for our MCTLC 2018 Conference Session – Turning Students into Superheros with IPAs
Program Articulation Resources
The Language Educator – PLCs Make It Possible: Providing an equitable student learning experience through the power of Professional Learning Communities – August/September 2018
All articulation charts taken from North Carolina World Language Essential Standards
- Alphabetic and Logographic Languages
- American Sign Language
- Dual Language / Immersion
- Latin and Ancient Greek
Interventions & Extensions for Teacher and Student Success
- Interpretive IPA Resource Sheet – Tips and tricks for teachers
- Choosing an authentic text and creating the interpretive task
- Authentic Resource Google Sheet – Everyone has editing rights! Please add authentic resources as you find them.
- Designing the interpersonal task
- Communication strategies
- Add communication strategies right to your vocab list!
- Provide students a card in the target language that they must work into their conversation
- Designing the presentational task
- FACTIONS – Rich details and elaboration phrases (from Amy Lenord)
- Impact Cloud
Rating Student Performances
All rubrics referenced in the webinars and the images below are used with permission from ACTFL in their book, Implementing Integrated Performance Assessment.
Rating Student Work in the Interpretive Mode – Vista Higher Learning Webinar
Rating Student Work in the Interpersonal Mode – Vista Higher Learning Webinar
Rating Student Work in the Presentational Mode – Vista Higher Learning Webinar